By now, most businesses around the world have become familiar with the ESG acronym which stands for Environmental, Social and Governance. ESG issues dominate the board agenda in most listed companies. With climate emergency and societal justice issues fast emerging it is likely that in future, all companies (whether listed or not) will also need to address ESG imperatives. Much has already been written about the value benefits of ESG on the reputational side for companies, but also that ESG actually helps with income generation and profits as more consumers, stakeholders, investors and shareholders increasingly expect adherence to ESG values.
“Today, ESG is core to business
resilience in unprecedented geopolitical
and economic times.”
At M. Ravi Law, we provide support to start-up, small and medium-sized, as well as larger up-scaled companies to permeate ESG standards into their businesses. We help them pursue the numerous finance and investment opportunities available to companies that act on emissions, are in transition to cleaner outputs, are innovating in climate tech and who promote human rights, restore and save the planet and protect talent and diversity in the workplace and across their out-of-jurisdiction operations and supply chains.
In short, we are eager to work with businesses that aspire to the good old fashioned value of putting people and planet over profits.
“Human Rights should find a permanent place in the boardroom.” – World Economic Forum
Through our dedicated ESG Asia Practice Group which comprises a rich diversity of ESG lawyers from our network, we are able to provide a vast suite of legal services such as the following:
- Advisory on developing your own voluntary ESG priorities for the business
- Regulatory and Compliance for those companies that are required to comply either because of legislative or rule changes or because of industry sector best practices
- Human rights due diligence
- Helping to drive your sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Mitigating climate change and risk as well as transitioning to cleaner sustainable energy and net zero goals
- Advising on impact investing and sustainable finance
- Investigating corporate crimes and human rights breaches
- Guidance on diversity, equality and inclusive workplace standards
- Advisory on corporate governance
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Labour and/or supply chain issues
- Greenwashing or product governance
- Litigation and dispute resolution of environmental claims
Our core team includes:
To find out more about our broad range of legal expertise in this area, feel free to reach us on +95 9886855591 or at email@example.com.